“Now more than ever, citizens know we need Experienced & Qualified public servants. It's not enough to just have a laundry list of "the issues"... one must have the Proven Experience, Leadership, & Qualifications to understand our County's challenges & opportunities and have expertise controlling massive budgets, addressing issues, opportunities, & having solved similar problems before.
As your current Collier County Commissioner, District 1 -- I’ve brought my deep senior military leadership and my Collier County business & healthcare expertise to this seat since being elected in November 2020.
I’m now running for re-election to continue to be a County Commissioner to serve this wonderful community I love because we need prepared leaders now more than ever. Our County budget tops $2 Billion, and we have the chance to continue to improve in so many areas. However, we also continue to remain vulnerable if we don't have the right leaders and decision-makers to Protect, Preserve, & Improve our District & County.
I'm NOT a politician...
...I'M YOUR FULL-TIME PUBLIC SERVANT!”
• Elected Collier County Commissioner, District 1 (East & South Naples, Marco Island, Goodland, Isles of Capri, Port of the Islands, and everything in between) on November 3, 2020.
• Extensive operations, business, finance, human resources, government, & healthcare experience… as well as non-profit leadership expertise working with numerous organizations locally & worldwide.
Experienced Commissioner & Executive
• Served 24 years in the U.S. Air Force -- retired as a full Colonel in 2012. Recruited to Naples into Hospital Administration serving as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Physicians Regional Medical Center. Was responsible for all day-to-day operations of the hospital directly supervising 13 different Departments. Also led the hospital's opening of a Walk-In Clinic, Rehab Center, & Primary Care offices on Marco Island... as well as the design/construction of a second Walk-in Clinic & Primary Care Center in East Naples.
• In January 2017, Rick then joined Avow Hospice as Senior Director of Development. A key leader securing major gifts, oversaw donor management, and implemented strategic healthcare plans to improve and expand hospice care, child support services, and bereavement programs. Also served as Senior Military Veteran Advisor for the Avow "We Honor Veterans" program ensuring full benefits & care for military veterans & their families.
• Rick is Founder & President of RJL Consulting Team based in Naples. A firm specializing in Healthcare, Retail Businesses, Physician Practices, Construction, Security, Energy & Environmental, Non-Profits, Government & Military, and accelerating employee & team performance by providing strategic/operational expertise to maximize revenue, volume, and efficiency. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, political figures, non-profits, and a multitude of private businesses. Once elected in November 2020 -- he stepped down and ceased all company activity to become a full-time County Commissioner.
Military Veteran & Proven Leader
• Prior to Rick’s election and Naples civilian executive positions -- he was a senior Air Force officer commanding in leadership positions worldwide. Held military positions in Germany, Hawaii, the Pentagon, and NATO… and lived and worked in 80+ countries. Served as a senior Commander on Andrews Air Force Base supporting the President of the United States and all Air Force One missions. Then led a multi-national NATO unit at Ramstein Air Base, Germany, where he was a Senior Commander responsible for all security, engineering, transportation, administration, human resources, supply, logistics, food service, safety, and linguistic translation, supporting the 26-nation command.
• Following his Europe assignment, he next served as Base Commander of Eglin Air Force Base in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. There he ensured support to the 725 square mile base (Department of Defense's largest installation) and directed all base operations for over 35,000 personnel with $16 Billion in infrastructure. Led strategic planning and oversaw all housing, healthcare, food service, facilities, security, construction, safety, fire/rescue, human resources, IT, environmental, logistics, 3,000+ houses, and 1,000+ dormitories. Also supervised the Air Force's 4th largest Medical Center encompassing 1,500 medical staff supporting 85,000 beneficiaries and 300,000 annual patient visits.
• Rick then served as Base Commander of the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, (where he is also a 1988 graduate) responsible for 4,500 personnel and all support to the 25-square mile installation including the Service Academy. Commanded all Air Force Academy base support, housing, food service, and a Medical Center supporting 4,000+ cadets, a military community of 35,000+, and 500,000+ visitors annually to the military Service Academy.
• Finally, was Director of Manpower & Personnel for U.S. Strategic Command, overseeing all human resources (HR) programs for the United States' classified nuclear & space forces. In 2001, he commanded his unit to selections as U.S. Air Force Mission Support Squadron of the Year and was also personally selected as the 2001 U.S. Air Force Senior Personnel Officer of the Year.
• Rick has worked for two U.S. Presidents, for General Norman Schwarzkopf, and was also the Aide to an Air Force 4-star General for three years. In 2012 he retired from the U.S. Air Force as a full Colonel.
Education & Community Service
• Earned a Bachelor of Science Degree from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and has three Master of Science degrees... to include one in Public Administration & Policy from Central Michigan University.
• Living on Marco Island and working in Naples, Commissioner LoCastro is also very active in the local community -- having served on the Board of Directors for the Marco Island Chamber of Commerce; a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives; American Legion; VFW; Rotary Club; and is a 2013 Naples Chamber of Commerce Leadership Collier graduate.
Exerience that Matters -> | Watch Rick's Intro Video ->
A Full-Time County Commissioner
● As promised -- working tirelessly & exclusively for the people of Collier County – FULL TIME
● Not a politician -- but a lifelong military & civilian public servant… protector of citizens’ rights, personal freedoms, & eliminating government overreach
Dedicated – Accessible – Vocal – Transparent
● “Brought The Commissioner To The People” w/ 250+ townhall meetings in every corner of the County
● Personally writes every “Commissioner’s Report” newsletter… answers all emails personally
Emergency & Crisis Expert
● Former Military & Civilian Commander of Emergency Operations Centers – expertise that showed during Hurricane Ian in public safety & security leadership roles
● Accelerated Hurricane Ian recovery, permits, & support for all of Collier County
Fiscal Discipline & Experienced Decision Making
● Strong fiscal conservative with proven common-sense leadership protecting tax dollars & minimizing waste
● Collier County has a $2 Billion budget… citizens deserve an open & transparent local government… led by Experienced & Qualified leaders
A Conservative Patriotic Leader of ACTION!
● Dedicated to Protecting, Preserving, & Improving our County
● Champion of long-overdue projects, environmental protection, first responder support, senior citizen & military veteran benefits, healthcare improvements, affordable housing… and more.
Office: (239) 252-8601
Mobile: (239) 777-2452
1560 Buccaneer Court
Marco Island, FL 34145